3.25.2014

My new LOVE...

13085931993_4f9bf627be_z


You thought this was going to be a post about Everett right? Well it still is, but I'm talking about the LIBRARY!!!  I checked out the event schedule for the library (I'm not sure why it never occurred to me before) and found the book babies story time.  It is for ages 0-12 months.  We sing songs, read books and poems, play, cuddle and learn sign language.  It is the highlight of our week.  We have been three times so far.  On our second visit I got a library card.  I was so excited!!!  I checked out two books for Everett:


First library books


The Mighty Lalouche (this one even teaches you some French)


This Moose Belongs to Me


We loved both of these.  So much that I kept them instead of returning them the next week.


13245787793_069ea9c746_z


After class I read him a book, look at the fish tank and pick out two more books to take home.  This week I took home two books for me too:


Library books 2


Little Owl Lost (my least favorite and first on the list to return)


Little Owl's Night (we haven't read this one yet)


The Interestings: A Novel


The Lowland


I also reserved The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook and Longbourn which I picked up later that day when they were ready.  Another plus to the library is that we live less than a mile away.  Awesome!  


13407000363_a269f9ce56_z


You can also check out books to read on your kindle.  I've been wanting to read The Fault In Our Stars but the wait list at the library is 20 deep so I checked out the ebook.  I'm not sure when I think I will actually get the time to read all of these, but I'm narrowing them down.  That's the best part, you can just read a few pages and return it if you don't like it.  A lot of the books for Everett were ones that I wanted to buy him, but one of the books I really didn't like so now I know not to.


You can also search for books, add them to lists and place them on hold online.  I can even send a text to my phone with the book name and location so I don't forget.  So easy!!!


Do you have any book suggestions?


*I found book suggestions from A Beautiful Mess book club.  Their selection for April is Longbourn.



No comments:

Post a Comment