8.14.2012

Our FIRST 5K // Elvis Presley

This past Saturday Zac + I ran in our first 5K.  I was so excited/nervous that I even dreamed about running it the nights leading up to the race, haha.  One of my biggest fears (along with many first timers) is that I didn't want to finish last or have the worst time.  I have been having some pain in my left foot, but thank goodness I didn't feel it on race day.  I made a playlist to keep me motivated with slower songs in the beginning to make sure I wouldn't wear myself out and fast songs towards the end to make me push harder.  I also used the RunKeeper app to track my time + mileage + coach me at certain mile intervals (slow, steady + fast).  I took walk breaks at the water stops and some of the bigger hills.  Looking back now, I could have run more but I'm glad I kept it easy for my first one.  I was really proud of myself and even started tearing up at one point.  It's really neat to look back to our first training day when I thought running 1 minute + walking 1 1/2 minutes for 20 minutes was tough.  Running in a race is very inspiring + I was shocked at how easy it was + how my time improved.  My official time was 40:09 and Zac's was 32:05, but he came back to run through the finish with me :)  We are running in another 5K this Sunday.  I hope to beat my time! 


On our way :)


Race4


Race3 copy


Race6


Race2


I can cross run a 5K off my Summer Manifesto :)



4 comments:

  1. What an amazing accomplishment... congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! I know that's silly since we only know each other virtually, but still I am. This is a huge accomplishment and all YOUR hard work has really paid off. Way to go pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Bekuh!  You are the sweetest.  Its not silly, its super nice.

    ReplyDelete