9.01.2009

The weekend flew by

This past...


Thursday:


Emmie, mom + I went to "My Big Backyard" @ Memphis Botanic Garden (see last post).  Here are some pics:


IMG_2790VINTAGE 


I would love to live in a house like this☺


IMG_2798 


I love bottle trees!  When I have a house, I want one in the backyard ;]


IMG_2825 copy 


Swinging in the "rain":


IMG_2862 


Friday:


Zac + I went downtown to the art trolley tour on s. main.  I got a cute scarf + shirt @ American Apparel.  Here's the circle scarf (these are really in for fall):


Serve 


We just walked around + went in galleries.  Saw the brush your teeth show:


Brush teeth 


and the Horn of Plenty, MCA Horn Island Alumni Reflect and Remember, 1985-2009  show.


We rode the trolley to Circa + had an amazing dinner: proscuitto wrapped asparagus; crawfish beignets; pork tenderloin medallions; sesame crusted ahi tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes, seaweed salad, soy-ginger beurre blanc; and bananas foster soufflé with vanilla gelato and warm caramel-rum sauce.  Yum!!!


Then walked back to SOB (south of beale) and had drinks.


Saturday:


Zac + I rode part of the tour de wolf at Shelby Farms.  It was too hot for me, haha :]  and I'm just getting back into it, but Zac was such a sweetheart staying with me + making sure I was ok ;]


After riding, we ate at Deli Mexicana (Las Tortugas).  Zac fell in love :]  I love that place too.  It has the best, authentic mexican tacos/sandwiches and fresh fruit drinks (I got hibiscus + Zac got watermelon).  Fire!!!


That night we (Zac + I) had dinner w/ William + his girlfriend Hallie at Rain and then went to Wimbleton to watch kickboxing + mma fights.  It was lots of fun.  I've never seen anything like that in person.  Then we had drinks at Dan McGuinness.  I got grape vodka with sprite- it was really good!!!


Sunday:


I had brunch with Zac, his dad, dad's g-friend, brother + brother's friend @ Interim.  I didn't know they had sunday brunch.  I had french toast + it was really good.


Then mom + I went to the Dixon to see Beth Edward's (my college professor) show.  This was my favorite painting in the show:


Happyday


 "Happy Day", 32X38", 2007, Oil on Canvas


The nose is unbelievable in person + so are the eyes + couch.  Photos do not do it justice.


I saw this one in progress + fell in love (not in the show):


Fall 


"Fall", 14X19", 2008, Oil on Canvas


And...I saw this one hanging on her wall a while ago + wanted it so bad (not in the show either)!!!  The lips are great!!!:


Dpilosti 


"Lost 1", 38"X32", 2006, Oil on Canvas



No comments:

Post a Comment