7.10.2009

Happy Friday!!!

DSC01557 


Kristen + I at my mom's pool party.  I have never seen so many cars + women at the house, haha.  I had to work that day :(  but stopped by at lunch.  The tropical chicken salad I made was a hit.


DSC01570 DSC01575 copy


Is it weird to anyone else that I'm on the right in all of these pictures??? haha.  Yeah- we like to take pictures :]  These are taken @ Stix.  Mom, Barbara (my aunt), Kristen, Dylan (my nephew), Luke (my nephew) + I all went last night.  The boys love ♥ hibatchi.


DSC01587 DSC01597 copy 


Kristen + I got the MOST perfect fortune cookies EVER.  I think mine is self explanatory, but Kristen is always talking about wanting to travel + go to Europe.  We were actually talking about it a few days ago.  It came up in a conversation about having babies.  We both agreed that we still feel so young to be having kids + that's one thing we want to do [travel] before that happens.


"Blue Light" by Bloc Party just came on my Pandora.  I love that song + the lyrics... 


"You'll find it hiding in shadows
You'll find it hiding in cupboards
It will walk you home safe every night♥
It will help you remember

If that's way it is
Then that's the way it is

I still feel you and the taste of cigarettes
What could I ever run to
Just tell me it's tearing you apart♥
Just tell me you cannot sleep♥

And you didn't even notice
When the sky turned blue
And you couldn't tell the difference
Between me and you
And I nearly didn't notice
The gentlest feeling

You are the bluest light"


I'm slightly obsessed with song lyrics.  Kara says: "There really is nothing else like it and because some of the loneliest moments in my life have been often comforted by a song that just gets it and explains it and makes everything a little less frightening. The mutual understanding between the lyrics and me is sometimes overwhelming. It’s a quiet and intimate connection."  I totally agree!  She is the "teacher" of the "class" I'm doing.  She's 17!  I think that's awesome!!!


List for the weekend???




  • Go craft shopping (my *fav* thing to do) for the class: embroidery floss + sequins + crocheted doilies + letter stencils? (i have most of the supplies)

  • Maybe check out some antique/thrift stores for doilies too?

  • Make sure I have sandpaper laying around

  • Print sheet music with + without words (for the class too)

  • Hang out with Kristen tonight + maybe Katherine...maybe a sleepover like the good old days, haha :]  See what kind of trouble we can get into.  Ha!

  • Have lunch w/ Travis tomorrow (haven't seen him in 4ever!)

  • Lay out by the pool...see if I can get a darker shade of pale, haha.

  • Maybe see a movie?

  • Relax

  • Sleep

  • Read

  • Forget







No comments:

Post a Comment