5.20.2012

Wedding Portraits + Our Reception...

Wedding Photos 045


Wedding Photos 038Wedding Photos 046


Wedding Photos 047


Wedding Photos 048

Wedding Photos 023


Wedding Photos 359Wedding Photos 360


Wedding Photos 362


Wedding Photos 269Wedding Photos 280


Wedding Photos 270


Wedding Photos 366


We had guests sign quilt squares for the "guest book" that I will sew into a quilt.


Wedding Photos 261


Our first dance was to "Just One Thing" by My Morning Jacket.


Wedding Photos 375











Just One Thing by My Morning Jacket on Grooveshark



Wedding Photos 334Wedding Photos 333


Each table had a different penny candy so guests could find their table + we had mini brown bags so they could take some home.  I always loved going to candy stores when I was little + filling my own bag.


Wedding Photos 378











If Tomorrow Never Comes by Garth Brooks on Grooveshark



Wedding Photos 274Wedding Photos 278


We wanted to keep the menu simple + southern.  Zac + I picked out some of out favorites including deviled eggs, watermelon mint julep fruit skewers, cucumber tea sandwiches, heirloom tomato salad, chicken + dumplins, beef tenderloin filet, lima beans, mac + cheese and cornbread.


Wedding Photos 387











I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack on Grooveshark



Wedding Photos 253


Wedding Photos 302


Wedding Photos 342Wedding Photos 402


Our wedding cake was traditional white cake with butter cream icing, but between the layers we had lemon + raspberry filling.  It was decorated with fondant vintage buttons + lace.  Instead of a groom's cake, we opted for a dessert bar with assorted mini cupcakes, mini pecan pies (Zac's favorite), mini blackberry cobblers (my favorite) and mini cinnamon sugar doughnuts.


Wedding Photos 392


Wedding Photos 395


Wedding Photos 401


I wish I could go back + experience it all again.  It was the best night ever.  Looking back, it feels like it was a dream.


Wedding Photos 328


Wedding Photos 435


We spent the night at The River Inn of Harbor Town in the Grand Suite overlooking the Mississippi River.  I remember looking out the window at the rain thinking how magical the night was + being so happy that the rain came once the night was coming to an end.  The day was perfect + I couldn't have asked for anything more.  Thank you to everyone who made it so special + to my husband who I will cherish for the rest of my life.


Photos by Tec Petaja.



8 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photos!
    <3 Leney

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay all of the greenery is just making me happy! but honestly you had the cutest little reception! i am obsessing over all of the decorations! just lovely! what a special day!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding was so beautiful! I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful photos! Your wedding looks amazing. The details were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Cara-Mia.  Im going to check out your blog too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous wedding it's really getting me excited and thinking about my plans for our wedding next year.

    ReplyDelete