5.24.2012

Things I've tried so far // 100 Things to Eat in Memphis

on the 100 Things to Eat in Memphis list.


The Elegant Farmer : Salmon Cakes // I loved this place + was sad I didn't know about it sooner.  You can sit outside or inside and enjoy "'elevated' comfort food presented to you using the freshest local and regional ingredients from sustainable farms".


Untitled#lunch


The Brass Door : Chips (aka fries) // I also tried the Tam o’ Shanter sandwich + it was really good.  "We are an authentic and upscale Irish pub in Downtown Memphis. It’s a relaxing, comfortable place with genuine Irish hospitality and a splendid selection of beers, Irish ale, mixed drinks and wines by the glass."


Brass door sign


#lunch


Brass door barBrass door ceiling


SOB (South of Beale) : Brussel Sprouts // "Our mission at South of Beale is to give our patrons a warm, welcoming atmosphere accompanied with personable and attentive service that highlights our extreme care for the food and drinks we serve."


Entrance & patio


BarMenu


The popcorn was stale + they were out of a few things (maybe because it was a Monday?) but other than that it was pretty good.  I got the fried egg BLT with cajun potatoes (warning: the bacon had a STRONG flavor [fat/smoke] that I was not a fan of...YUCK).  The cajun potatoes were great!  My Dad had the SOB burger with the brussel sprouts.  He said his brussel sprouts were better but they were still really good.


#lunchDad's #lunch


Kwik Chek : Bi Bim Bop + Muffaletta  // I've been going to this place for years because I love their gyros.  I have never tried anything else believe it or not.  I got the Muffaletta + it did not dissappoint.  The bread was so light with the perfect crunch on the outside.  From now on I'll have a hard time choosing between the two.  My Dad got the Bi Bim Bop + I tried a bite.  I didn't like it, but obviously someone does.  It was super hot + spicy.  We also tried a Korean vegetable "pancake" from next door (the crazy noodle).  They were really good.


Chek serve


Chek eat

#lunch muffaletaDad's #lunch Bi Bim Bop


The Slider Inn : Lobster Roll // I love the food from Bardog + The Slider Inn (they have the same owner).  The fries with bourbon mayo would be on my last meal list.  We tried the lobster roll, but for $19 forget it and just bring me the fries + the bourbon mayo haha.  What I like about the slider inn is that you can mix and match any 3 sliders (excluding the lobster roll + hot dog) and each day they have a daily special.  My favorite is the swiss + mushroom and the blt.  I'd like to try their hot dog next.  The best part about it is they allow dogs on their patio + even bring a water bowl.  That's AWESOME in my book!


Slider inn vera


Slider inn lobster roll


Menu



No comments:

Post a Comment