3.27.2012

Currently.

@ fareveller festival 


Obsessing Over:  All of the beautiful trees, shrubs + flowers that are blooming all kinds of gorgeous colors!  It's a great time to live in the South ;) ...except if you have allergies like me. 


Working On:  Finishing up my recent painting, an art journal page, getting my calendar in order + lots of work stuff.


Thinking About:  Zac + I's one year anniversary.  It's coming in a few months + I'm thinking about all the things I want to get done before then or do.  I think it would be sweet to have a picnic at the botanic gardens (where we were married).  I really need to start working on the wedding "guest book" quilt or I probably never will.  I've seen so many cute anniversary picture ideas on pinterest + I want to start a tradition like this, this or this.  I'll probably end up doing all of them, haha.  I can't believe it's been a year + in some ways I can.  We have grown together in the past year.  We're learning about each other + what each of us needs/expects.  I really LOVE being married.  It's the best, but it does take work.  One of my favorite quotes was from my brother: "You can be right, or you can be in a relationship."  It's so true.   


Anticipating:  Going to see The Hunger Games!  I'm excited about it.  We wanted to wait until it's not so crowded, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to go one night this week or not.  We may have to go this weekend.  I'm looking forward to it + I hope it's really good.  


Listening To:  The Hunger Games soundtrack, haha :)  *Sorry for those of you who are sick of hearing about it ;) 


We saw Jessica Lea Mayfield at the Fareveller Festival.  If you don't know her music, you need to!  She was amazing as usual.  You could really see her talent because she played an acoustic solo.  That girl has skills + a beautiful voice.  It was short set :(  She was just hanging out in the room behind me.  I thought about going to talk to her, but I gave her space, haha ;)  I didn't want to be that creepy fan, but I was secretly stalking her.  She said it was the weirdest show she's ever played.  I'm pretty sure that's not a good thing :(  I don't think she was feeling it at Otherlands.  Poor JLM.  She played some new music which was cool.  Zac + I were hoping she would play "Standing in the Sun", but she didn't.  We can't get it out of our heads + it's not on an album.  Hopefully it will be on the new one.


Also, Silversun Pickups is coming out with a new album Neck of the Woods.  They have a pretty sweet looking yellow colored vinyl. 


Eating:  Strawberry shortcake :)  It always reminds me of summer.  I just found out that there's a place not to far from here where you can pick your own strawberries + fruit.  I'm so excited!  Zac + I are going to plan a trip to go in the next month.  Fun!


Wishing:  That my bestie is pregnant with a girl :)  She already has a cute baby boy + I think it would be perfect if she has a girl.  Plus, the baby shower that I am planning will be so much cuter if it's a girl, haha (just kidding!).


What about you? What have you been up to lately? If you do your own "currently" post on your blog, link back in the comments! Thanks again to Danielle + Megan for the inspiration of these posts.



2 comments:

  1. mmmm strawberry shortcake!!! delicious :D nice survey too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by + commenting :) 

    ReplyDelete