11.07.2011

Mulled Cider

Last night I made mulled cider or wassail.  It was so yummy! :)  This is how I made it:


Wassail time :)


I added 2 cups of cranberry juice (not cocktail) + 2 cups of apple juice (I tried to find apple cider, but they didn't have any) to a 1 1/2 qt. saucepan.  Then I added 1 Tb. of mulling spices to a mulling spice ball (or you could use a tea ball strainer)...


Mulling spices


...and then added it to the pot with 1 c. of cinnamon imperials/red hots.  Brought it to a boil + then let it simmer (low) for at least 30 min.- 1 hr, stirring occasionally.


Simmer time


I served it with a cinnamon stick + whiskey (obviously you can omit this, but it cuts some of the sweetness) :)


Whiskey + cinnamon stick are the finishing touches :)


Have you ever made any before?  What do you use?  I think whipped cream would have been good on top too :)



No comments:

Post a Comment