11.10.2010

Last Weekend

Friday night, after a yummy dinner,  Zac & I went to Bass Pro Shops & took Vera :)  It was her fist time riding in a basket.  I don't think she liked it, haha.


Vera bass pro 


On my way to the Memphis Urban Sketchers Group saturday morning I stopped by starbucks + got my first red cup + peppermint mocha latte.  It was a chilly morning.


Red cup 


I got a little lost trying to find Elmwood Cemetery.  I was happy to find out Mel would be there :)  I haven't seen her in a while.  It was fun sketching with her.  I miss her classes :) 



This is my sketch from the November Memphis Urban Sketchers Group. I used pencil to do a quick layout & then finished with a Lamy Safari fountain pen filled with Noodler's ink. It was my first time sketching with a fountain pen & I really enjoyed it! This sketch took about 45 minutes.

 

It was a nice surprise to find out I was sketching Mr. Davidson M. Leatherman's family tomb standing on the first lot purchased in the entire cemetery. He was the founder and first president of Elmwood Cemetery.

 

Time went by so fast. I look forward to sketching at Elmwood again.

 

A few of us went to Three Angels Diner after.  The food was really good + it was fun getting to know new people.


No comments:

Post a Comment