5.11.2010

Cornhole

Last Thursday, Zac + I had dinner with his family + then we went geocaching.  We didn't find it, but it was still fun.  Then we came home + starting making cornhole bags.  We were on a tight deadline + my sewing machine was not cooperating!  I finally got everything working + around 11:30 pm we had 8 (plus two extra) bags:


IMG_3061IMG_3074


It was pretty easy! You just need:




  • 16 7" pieces of duck cloth (8 one color, 8 another color)


  • sewing machine


  • sewing needle made for heavy fabric


  • heavy duty thread (i used dual duty coats)


  • 16 cups of corn feed (2 cups per bag)


  • Extra sewing pins




  1. Sew (double stitch) around bag (1/2" seam allowance) leaving about a 2" hole (to turn inside out + insert corn)


  2. Trim corners, turn inside out, use pencil to help poke out the corners, fill with 2 cups of corn


  3. Fold the open sides of the filled bag inward to a depth of 1/2 inch to match the rest of the seams you’ve already sewn.  Place pin to prevent corn from falling out + to make it easier to sew seam.  Place stitches as close to the seam as possible + double stitch (or triple).


IMG_3086


The long-awaited Crosley Portable Turntable also showed up at my doorstep!!! Ahh!  I ♥ it!!!  We listened to it while crafting:


IMG_3082


(It's got a really pretty home now [I'll post a pic soon])


The next night we went to HHH for a crawfish boil (that's why I needed to make the cornhole bags so fast).  These are the boards Cox made:


IMG_3088


Zac + I got first game for all of my hard efforts, haha. 


IMG_3091 


Vera came too, but she was afriad of the noise + stayed inside most of the time.  Poor thing:


IMG_3103


♥:


IMG_3097
 



 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment