4.13.2010

Sustainable

Zac + I are Young At Art members at the Dixon and on Thursday night we went to the Plant Sale Preview Party at the Dixon Gallery and Gardens.  We got a beer, a crate + started picking out some wild flowers.  Here's Zac's basket for his mom:


Zac's basket


And my basket:


Linz's basket


These pics make me happy :)


I got two Echinacea Tennesseensis rocky top echinacea (for front flower bed), one Chrysanthemum daisy (for front flower bed), one lavender (for front flower bed), two Chrysogonum virginianum green and golds (for back flower bed), + one Dicentra bleeding heart (for back flower bed).  Hopefully I don't kill them!  Haha.


After we dropped the flowers off, Zac + I had a nice, romantic dinner at Andrew Michael's Italian Kitchen: Trying to be as sustainable as possible, this traditional Italian restaurant even grows some of its own vegetables and herbs. All pastas are made fresh every day. Maw Maw's Ravioli, Braised Pork Shank with cannelini beans in sage jus and broccoli rabe and Pan-roasted Duck Breast with polenta and mustard greens in a fig reduction are crowd pleasers. I had an awesome pear + wild turkey american honey cocktail!!!  Ahh...wish I had one right now.  We shared the quail salad which was to die for + then Zac got the duck for his entree + I ordered Maw Maw's ravioli.  The smores (graham cookies, marshmallow, nutella milk shake [in a mini mason jar!!! seriously?!?!], all made in house) were the perfect ending!!!


It was a MAGICAL night!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment