4.16.2010

Sprout

I have always wanted to grow wildflowers from seeds but in the past I just sprinkled them on the ground naively + nothing ever happened.  This year I tried something different.  I saw this at the hardware store + decided to give it a try.  You could also use a clear egg carton + buy seed starting soil or pellets.  The seeds started sprouting in just a few days:


IMG_2879


This weekend Zac + I planted the flowers we got from the Botanic Garden sale.  He found a worm:



IMG_2883


Vera helped too (or really just stood there + looked pretty) :]



IMG_2885 


When the little seedlings appear, move the greenhouse to a sunny spot and remove the dome to maximize air circulation.  I am so excited that they are doing well.  This is only after about a week:



IMG_2904
IMG_2911


We also planted cilantro seeds (in the yellow pot) + this is my new aloe vera plant:



IMG_2958


I hope everyone has a fun weekend :]


I'll be helping my mom with the garage sale on Saturday. 



IMG_2856


xoxo.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment