1.14.2010

New Year's Resolutions

I haven't posted anything in a llllloooonnnngggg time!!!  What did I do New Year's Eve???  Well...I took a nap for a 'lil while + woke up with chills, fixed ramen noodles + ate them in bed and waited for Zac to come over.  I was sick :(  I had been to the doctor that day + on antibiotics.  We watched the MTV countdown+ then went upstairs to get ready for bed.  I made Zac turn on the Beale Street Countdown?!?!  It was soooo LAME.  I kept waiting for them to show it live + all they showed was pre-filmed advertisements basically.  Then I looked at the clock thinking it should have happened by now + it was 12:02!!! I was SO disappointed + pissed.  Seriously Memphis?!?!  Yep- no countdown this year.  Oh well. 


I never posted my 26 things to do before I turn 27 list:


1. Sew Christmas stockings for Zac, Me + Vera (not necessarily before my b'day but before Christmas '10)


2. Crochet granny square slippers


3. Crochet circles/flowers


4. Sew an Advent Calendar (not necessarily before my b'day but before Christmas '10 too)


5. Create a new blog header + design


6. Make some yo yo's (yo yo scarfs, bags, necklaces look sweet too [possibilities are endless]):


6a00d83452a63369e200e54f73fd018834-500wi
 

7. Crochet headbands + bracelets with vintage buttons



8. Make salt dough ornaments with Zac (not necessarily before my b'day but before Christmas '10 [making ornaments is going to be a new tradition, along with many others!])



9. Start painting again.  It kills me to share with the world that I haven't painted in a year!!! YIKES.  Last night I cleaned the studio because it has been a mess for about a year.  Now it is more creatively inviting + inspiring (thank goodness!!!).

Studio
Studio2


(Sorry the pics are so bad.  Taken with the I-Phone this morning)  



10. Design/ Get another tattoo.  The tattoo I have always wanted.  "La Vie En Rose" with elements that represent life + death arranged around an oval/wreath.


11. Sell my condo + buy a house with Z-dawg ;) + MAYBE an airstream (more of a dream, haha)!!!


12. Drink world famous Hot Chocolate @ Timberline Lodge (where the Shining was filmed + where we are snowboarding) , Eat donuts from Voo Doo Donuts(and maybe an everlasting committment, haha), Cupcake from Saint Cupcake, Beers from Rogue Ales + McMenamins, & coffee from Stumptown while in Portland,OR.


13. Go to a pub theater (Portlanders' movie theaters showing second-run, classic or cult films for $2 or $3, where you can buy a pitcher of good locally brewed beer and a slice of pizza to enjoy while watching.


14. Ride a bike in Portland, OR (if it's not too cold)


15. Lose 16.6 lbs. We have a weight competition going on at work for $1,500!!!  I don't think I'll win, but I would love to be at 125 again.  I don't think I've weighed that since Middle school haha.  So far I've lost 4.6.


16. The trouble is that Virgos can become so hung up on details that they drive everyone crazy. Make sure I stop and just smell the roses now and then, because it just gets ugly when I turn into a nit picking pain.


17. Stop worrying about things that other people don't even notice.


18. Create a routine of working out 3-4 times a week.


19. Buy a record player + some vinyl


20. Play around with TTV (maybe take some cool pics in Seaside, OR)


Ttv
(photo by smile and wave) 


21. Go overnight hiking/camping again with Mr. Button Extraordinaire haha


22. Take more pictures.  I've been slacking in that department.  I think because it's been so cold!  I'm planning on taking lots in Portland. 


23. Get Diana+ film developed.  I have a roll that's from sooooooo LONG ago plus one that's still in the camera I'm sure :] haha.


24. Save some $$$ + don't spend it. 


25. Experience magic as much as possible


26. Make 2010 the BEST year yet!!!


Ooooohhhhh....I just thought of a FUN one to add: COLLECT charms to put on a charm bracelet for all of Zac + I's travels.  YAY!


AND...this isn't on the list, but I'm pretty sure it's on a list somewhere: Get evacuated from an NBA game, haha this happened at the Grizzlies vs. Clippers game Tuesday night.  It was so weird!!!



Other peoples:


en pointe


jessica rodarte


tim


katie leigh


dusthi


bella


It's neat to look at everyone's lists.  Comment if you have a list going.  I'd love to see :]



No comments:

Post a Comment