4.14.2008

whirlwinds bring whirlybird






I woke up this Saturday looking forward to a great day!  I got up kinda early, played with my new macbook, ate some cereal, + then started to sew.  It's amazing how one minute you can be having an amazing day, and then the next second things totally change.  Well the whirlwinds sure did come in.  After a little retail therapy, I came home to find this beautiful whirlybird sitting on my doormat.  (A few months ago I tried to look up the origin of these, because I wanted to blog about them.  I used to love these when I was a little girl.  I called them helicopters.  The only thing I really found out about them is that they are called whirlybirds or helicopter leaves, and I'm pretty sure they have some big fancy name too.  I believe they are from oak trees.)  Anyways, this one is the first and last I have seen in a really long time.  I took it as a sign.  It was my little reassurance that things are going to be ok.  Life is beautiful, and things will work themselves out.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

-eden ahbez
(he liked to have his named spelled in all lowercase) 



No comments:

Post a Comment