12.12.2011

Allergy Test

I spent my afternoon being pricked + stuck with needles.  Fun stuff!  I've had allergies + sinus infections for as long as I can remember.  This year I decided to have sinus surgery + now start allergy shots to hopefully make things a lot better.  Today I had the allergy testing done + it was way more painful than I remembered (I had it done when I was younger).  Like more painful than my tattoo painful.  Then they make you sit there while the itchy reaction takes over + you're not allowed to scratch.  I didn't have a reaction to a few things at first so she had to come back + this time she brought bigger needles to administer more of the allergens. Yep.  Needless to say, I'm allergic to everything (which I already knew).  Grass + trees were the worst.  I started to get really excited at first because dog + cat were not showing up, but no such luck.  For the next 3-6 years I will have to get a shot once a week + work myself up to just once a month.  My mom has been going for 6-7 years + they told her today that she is done.  She was pretty excited.  The doctor told me I should sue her for giving this to me, haha.


No fun at all #allergytesting #allergic #painful #itch


It's been 6 hours later + my arm is still red.  I wonder how long it will last?  Do any of you have allergies?  Ever taken allergy shots?  Do you think it helped?  At least it's an excuse to get out of dusting, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment