12.08.2011

Advent Activity // Decorate the Tree + Make Ornaments

On Sunday, we finished decorating the tree + listened to side B of A Very She & Him Christmas.


TREE LIGHTS + HELICOPTER 016


I love decorating the tree with old ornaments from my childhood + some before I was even born.  The past two years, Zac's mom has found some of his ornaments + given them to me.  So sweet.  We went to the same schools growing up, but he was a year older.  I'll pull out an ornament + he'll say "I remember making one of those!".  I think it's neat.  I wonder how many times our paths have crossed over the years.  Don't you wish you could rewind + see?


Boiled custard with #nutmeg and #candycane #christmastree #christmastime


These are some of my newer favorites (right top: my mom gave us this one last year when we were engaged, middle: our Christmas cards this year, bottom: my maid of honor + bestie gave us that one):


 Some of my favorite recent #ornaments #christmastree


And older favorites:


SantaAnd another :) #deer #ornament


We also made salt dough ornaments.  I'm sure I've made these before but I really don't remember.  I've been wanting to make them the past few years.  They were really easy + fun to do.  I halved this recipe (and still had leftover dough).


Day 4 #adventactivity #saltdoughornaments Day 4 // salt dough ornaments #saltdoughornaments #adventactivity


We still need to finish painting + varnishing them.  I'll show you when we're done :)  What are some of your all time favorite ornaments?  Do you buy new ones or use vintage ones?



No comments:

Post a Comment