5.11.2008

New Painting...

Circlepaintingsmall
Today I finally spent some time in the studio.  I prepped some wood panels that I got + painted this one. They are small + all different edges [see pic below].   I was pretty much just playing around.  I drew some tonight too.  Trying to figure out some "characters".  This is the jellyfish, ocean form, + cactus.  I've been obsessed with octopus for a few years now, + now it is forming into jellyfish.  Right now I am loving the cactus.  The hedgehog is a close runner too, but I don't know if he'll be making it into any paintings.  I like the more organic forms.
Img_1847_2



1 comment:

  1. very cute, i like!
    i use similar pieces of wood for cute and
    quirky coasters! a piece of sticky felt on the bottom and they're ready to use! i also like to paint ceramic tiles for the same use... so fun!

    ReplyDelete